Wednesday, March 30, 2016

IN DEPTH INTERVIEW SERIES: Week of 28 March 2016

This week BNAP features Angolan poet TAGORE RABIN DINURA and Nigerian poet Kelechi Ezeigwe

1-CONTE-NOS SOBRE SI MESMO E SUA FORMAÇÃO LITERÁRIA.
TAGORE RABIN DINURA, pseudónimo de Dilen Alsungas Pandieira José, nasceu aos 12 de Outubro de 1987, no Sumbe, em Angola. Nasci nos finais dos anos 8o. Mas ainda criança meus pais me levaram para capital, Luanda. Na época o país estava em guerra.
Angola é minha paisagem, e o essencial de minha poesia são as coisas simples.
Pois ser poeta: “É descrever o que se sente verdadeiramente, a cada instante da existência.
Não acredito num sistema poético, numa organização poética. Irei
Mais longe: não creio nas escolas, nem no Simbolismo, nem no Realismo, nem
No Surrealismo. Sou absolutamente desligado dos rótulos que se colocam nos
Produtos. Gosto dos produtos, não dos rótulos”. Por isso me defino como devorador de livros.
 Gosto do produto e não do rótulo. Pois me entrego a fundo a procura dos grandes sentimentos humanos, como o amor, a amizade e a liberdade.

Quero levar a minha poesia a muitos habitantes. E há muitos lugares, exprimindo em meus versos os anseios da África. Com o efeito de uma força natural, vitalizada no destino e nos sonhos de um continente”. Cheio de senso de humor camponês, de uma bondade activa e infatigável.
Quero revelar ao mundo. Empenho e na resistência do amor.
Convertendo – me numa cifra de metal sem nome, uma espécie de guerreiro que protesta contra a injustiça social.

Assim me defino poeta do povo. Cuidando a forma, o ritmo, e sem perder meu
Ímpeto original, buscando novas e simples reacções, de um novo mundo harmonioso, cheio de amor pela existência. Na certeza de uma vocação escolhida.





2-O QUE VOCÊ ACHA CONJUNTOS QUE MAIS ALÉM DA SUA GERAÇÃO DE POETAS?
OS POETAS MAIS ALÉM DA MINHA GERAÇÃO FORAM DIGNOS DO SEU TEMPO

3-QUAIS SÃO SEUS LIVROS FAVORITOS, AUTORES, ARTISTAS E POR QUÊ.
Meus livros favoritos são dos escritores da era dourada da poesia, estou falando dos anos vinte. E por a adiante….
4- O que você está trabalhando agora?
SOU UM HOMEM DE MUITA CRIATIVIDADE, TENHO SEMPRE IDEIAS.
5-QUANTAS VEZES VOCÊ ESCREVE?

Sou um poeta estudante, que não leva uma vida extravagante. Defendo meus hábitos literários
Trabalhando em meu quarto, escrevendo 5 poemas por dia.
Tomando intermináveis chávenas de chá…  

6-o que leva a sua criatividade?
A minha criatividade da ao homem o que é do homem, leva, estrelas, sonho e luz, noite, razão e paixão para singelos habitantes que pedem: água e lua elementos da  ordem orgãos imutável: escolas, pão e vinho guitarras e ferramentas.
7-qual é a sua comida, bebida favorita
NÃO TENHO. COMO TUDO QUE FAZ BEM AO MEU ESTOMAGO.
8- Conte-nos algo que você fez ou o que aconteceu para você que você ainda pode se envergonhar.
ENGRAÇADA ESTA PERGUNTA, LEMBRO QUE UMA VEZ ESCREVI NA MINHA FOLHA DE PROVA DE MATEMATICA: “ A MATEMATICA NÃO É DIFICIL O MAIS DIFICIL É SABER TRANSMITIR.
E O MEU PROFESSOAR A BRAÇOU-ME E DISSE MUITO OBRIGADO POR ESTA BELA LIÇÃO.


 Kelechi Ezeigwe: “Writing is my Calling”
This week I got to meet Lagos based writer, Kelechi Ezeigwe, who breaks from the mould of accepted African  literature by writing queer poetry. Renowned writer, Charles Bukowski* once wrote, “unless it [poetry] comes unasked out of your heart and your mind and your mouth and your gut, don't do it [write].” Kelechi Ezeigwe definitely didn’t start writing for fame or recognition but because of an inner calling that could not be ignored, “I am poet not because I am supposed to be or because I learnt to become one or because being a writer comes with this gorgeous aura. I am a poet because it is my calling. I am born with it and what I should be bothered about is whether I am doing that which I am called to do. Nothing attracted me to writing poetry. It runs in the vein.”


TN: What has drawn you to writing feminist poetry?
KE: I once told a friend that there is a sharp difference not only between a man and a woman, but also between a man and an effeminate man. I know how it feels to be suppressed, to be perceived as inferior. It comes with something that kills you, that quenches a fire within. I tell people I’m a feminist because I saw myself being a feminist. I support women’s rights but I never knew there was a defined name for that until I was mature enough to discover they call us feminists and I’m happy being one because it soothes my ideology of freedom, to have a defined individualism, to be who you are as a human, a woman, an effeminate man, as any common man out there hatching his or herself out of this suppressing conformity. There are rights worthy to be fought for; feminist rights, gay rights. I am fortunate to be woven into these two.

TN: What sort of challenges have you experienced as a budding writer?
KE: Well I am still that kind of budding writer who is yet to feel the warmth or maybe harshness of the weather. But if there is any challenge I encounter it is the fact that I am interested in and I prefer to write queer poetry. It is not ‘conformity’, it is not the ‘African culture’, so many people would say I’m crazy, that I am rotten not knowing that being Gay is like being black or white or heterosexual, or African. It is an identity as one of my friends once said. Writing this kind of literature in a world that detests it is a mountain of a challenge.

TN: How have you been influenced by other writers?
KE: Since I met Audre Lords I walked through the streets with my head much higher than it used to be. I am happy that I have always been comfortable with myself; I have always been proud of myself as an effeminate man. Audre Lords fanned the furnace. I love the fact she is out with whom she is. She is a poet with hundreds of amazons inside of her.

TN: And how do you feel about the completed project of the BNAP anthology?
KE: The anthology is a new birth to the world, growing everyday with this admirable vitality. I read some of the reviews and I am happy there are other writers who are interested in writing queer literature. It is inspiring; it is refreshing. The most beautiful of all is the fine nature of the book to bear in itself every piece of humanity, every word and emotion in the heart of humanity, to be born with this spring of diverse colours of rainbow, of you and of me and of someone out there seeing his or herself through that anthology; the hundreds of poems. There is nothing more splendid.  

Kelechi Ezeigwe has been published in The Muse journal of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He is a first prize winner for poetry in the 2015 Muse Literary Arts Festival. He lives in Lagos.

*Charles Bukowski, “So You Want to be a Writer”



No comments:

Post a Comment